Friday 8 April 2016

A-Z Challenge Day 7 - Green Blogs






Ladies and gentlemen, for Day 7 of the A-Z Challenge, we're going green. When I first begun Growing Greenpatches and its predecessor, I had great fun googling to see what other blogs of greenish hue were out there. That's how I managed to stumble across one of my blogroll's longer-serving members, the talented, creative Crafty Green Poet, currently writing her way through 30 days of poetry with Napowrimo. I'm ashamed to say that I've been neglecting my roll this last year or so, but for gentle inspiration and a glimpse  into the beauties of Scotland, she's well worth a visit.

Another, Green-Patch  I found today, not only has  a blog, but also its own online community and Facebook group. Graziella writes at Green-patches blog, and, as she says, the blog started when as a complete novice to gardening she needed a means of keeping track of her plants. My goodness, they've sprouted and grown since then. I'm impressed, not to say green with envy.

In case you're wondering what on earth the photo has to do with today's blog, suffice it to say, it's a reminder of an occasion of 'Going Green' that I definitely don't wish to repeat, that of our infamous trip to Staffa, five years ago. Read all about it on my old Green Patches. I feel queasy just looking at those waves.


2 comments:

  1. Looks pretty on the water with the green grass ahead as long as the water was not too turbulent!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appearances are deceptive. It was quite turbulent, to the point that we weren't allowed to land!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. I always love receiving comments; do feel free. If you're visiting from the A-Z challenge (or even if you're not!) could I thank you for your patience in using the dreaded captcha verification thingy. It's a pain, I know, but I've had problems with spam in the past and would rather keep Greenpatches as a junk-free zone.